Tuesday, March 04, 2008

  • a sweet old yellow lab with cancer whose body was shutting down. my co-worker was sobbing before we even started.
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger dinabear said...

    I wanted to thank you for your blog. It is beautiful and kind. My yellow lab was put to sleep a year and a half ago, and when I read this post I started to cry again. Clearly I'm still not over his death. His name was Bear.

    3/24/2008  
    Blogger Mark Breck said...

    Said...I have lost many animals and in the most interesting way. We bought rabits at Easter one year and I placed a cage about 4 feet high. The developed a scally infection in each ear. My youngest son would take then for walks up to our deck. He would tie a string around their nece an pull them up over the rail of the deck. The struggeled a little until he learned not to tie an hangman's noose. Our neighbor had a pit bull who could naw throuh white pine box I had build and had the for an after lunch snack. We had many fish jump out of their tank and one blood frog who was cooking on the drier before he took his last leap.
    Our fake black lab, Sambo, lived a long life. He visited the neighbors after dinner to collect their table scraps too. He would never pee or poop on the people's yards who provided him some supplement. When he reach 12 he started growing tumors all over an one big one on his side. One day we were having a party of about a dozen friends and Sambo died in the corner of my office. We couldn't do anything with him but put a blanket over the body. Later that evening we buried him in a prominent place in the back yard with enough bones to get him to the afterlife.

    7/28/2008  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you for the work you do, I couldn't stand to see my dog in pain and a vet came to the house and helped her to die with dignity with her family around her. It must be really hard. I'm a 25 year old male who's fairly stoic and I weep every time I read your blog. Thank you for being strong for the rest of us.

    12/03/2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home