Friday, December 28, 2007

  • a 13-year-old basset hound in kidney failure. she was so kind and licked my face as i carried her in from the car for the owner. he was a sweet old man with tears in his eyes. i fed her an entire bag of treats and she kept eating ferociously even after the injection. her chewing slowed down and then she was gone.
  • 10 Comments:

    Blogger TheWycliffe said...

    This was very touching. As someone else commented, you are doing a job that few could do. It means a lot to a pet owner to have someone like you treat their companion with compassion at the end. On behalf of our furry friends, thank you.

    2/01/2008  
    Blogger SinĂ©ad said...

    That's really sweet story, made me feel real sad. I hope she enjoyed her treats.

    2/02/2008  
    Blogger Joanne Casey said...

    Awww the more I read down the page the sadder it gets.

    2/02/2008  
    Blogger Bryan Rathouz said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    2/02/2008  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As sad as these stories are, it's wonderful that you make the last few minutes of these animal's lives comfortable, if not happy.

    2/02/2008  
    Blogger By-tor said...

    Being a former AHT, I have had a very similar experience. Finding this blog quite touching...

    2/02/2008  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My 11-year-old Australian Shepherd had a serious health scare recently (doing fine now.) I hope someone like you is there for him when the end comes. Thank you so much for being who you are. I'm gonna go hug my pup, now...

    2/02/2008  
    Blogger Jon Drucker said...

    Thank you.

    In my family I always wind up the one to bring our pets to be euthanized at the end of their lives, and it is hell. I have never had a vet or tech show so much compassion for animals in their passing as you do.

    So, thank you.

    2/02/2008  
    Blogger RuthX said...

    Thank you for your compassion. I recently had to put my 21-yr old cat down and her vet was wonderful. It makes me feel good to know people like you are out there.

    2/02/2008  
    Blogger kellypea said...

    I'm thinking about the old man now and wondering how he is doing. So sad.

    2/03/2008  

    Post a Comment

    << Home