Thursday, August 24, 2006

  • a 20 year old cockatiel
  • a rat with mites and tumors. there was a woman there with me who is a client but she is a special type of client who gets to hang out in back with us and tells us stories about her crazy life and i find her quite nice to be around. she watched me euthanize the rat and afterwards caught her breath and said "i've... never witnessed anything like that before." i told her about this journal and she understood.
  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Our host must feel it deeply to make such a careful and dedicated record.

    I bought rats recently, to try to learn how to deal with all this. They don't live very long. I am hoping that if I adopt another every six months or so... Well, I'm not sure what I hope will happen. That I will eventually figure out how to accept it, I guess.

    1/07/2008  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My parents made me feel ridiculous when I shed so many tears for my two rats who passed away): It just shows other how much care and love we give when we realize that person/thing/animal won't be there for long.

    3/02/2010  

    Post a Comment

    << Home