Saturday, April 08, 2006

A six year old rabbit with spinal injuries. She belonged to a teenage girl who seemed very level headed. They spent some time with the rabbit before it died and when I went in to ask if they were ready, she asked me, through tears, "do you have any potato chips? That is her favorite thing." Her mother said "you can't give her potato chips now!" But I said, "actually, I do have some, I brought them in this morning." The stange thing is that I hardly ever buy chips and I bought these without looking at the ingredients and after opening them, realized they contained whey which I can't eat so I brought them in for my co-workers. So the girl and I went into the back and fed her rabbit potato chips before she was put to sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger michaƂ nguyen said...

thank you for this blog. it's sad to hear a story of the loss of an animal yet it warms my heart to see there's someone out there who has a heart for them.

4/17/2006  
Blogger whatikilledtoday said...

savilashke, I am a vet tech.

4/22/2006  
Blogger Dave said...

Interesting blogsite. Very compassionate. I wonder which country you are in? My wife is involved with the SPCA here in New Zealand.Do you have a similar organisation there? The letters stand for Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
Regards, Dave.

5/16/2006  
Blogger Nichole D. said...

I'm so glad you care. Your blog, while sad, is very reassuring to read- I hope all vets (I know they're not, but I hope) are as compassionate and kind as you are.

2/04/2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home