Friday, August 10, 2012

There have been a lot. Here and there. I haven't had the energy to write. I'm sorry, creatures. A beagle, a golden retriever, a blind and deaf poodle mix thing... Many over the past several months. Yesterday, however, there were four in a row.
  • A young cat with lung cancer.
  • An old pug with bad eyes and legs that didn't work and seizures.
  • An Australian terrier also with bad eyes and an inability to walk.
  • A miniature schnauzer who was blind, deaf, and incontinent. They were all necessary. They all ended suffering. It was just so many at once.
  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous SimonH said...

    I just wanted to say thanks for your blog, thank-you for what you do and for caring enough to share.

    On Monday my 11 year old cat was euthanised. He had a Fibro Sarcoma in his mouth; inoperable; it had got to large. The nurse and the vet were lovely and I made sure that the last thing he saw was me.

    Again; thanks for this blog.

    8/10/2012  
    Blogger Charles CĂ©leste Hutchins said...

    Hi, I've been reading you blog for years. A few months ago, I found out that the reason for my dog's limp was cancer. I was able to keep her for a couple of months with pain killers, but then the pain got to be too much for her, so about a month ago, I had to take her back to the vet's to be put to sleep. She died in my arms.

    Having read your blog made it a bit easier to bear. It gave me the sense that her death /mattered/ and that it wasn't just between me and the dog, but also the vets and everyone that was there.

    Thank you for doing what you're doing and thank you for keeping this blog.

    8/11/2012  
    Blogger ~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

    People say to me that they don't know how I do it, taking in the senior dogs, having them for a such a short period of time, and losing 7 last year--I ask you the same question, and am thankful for your kindness and compassion and remembering them here.

    8/11/2012  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    I have been reading your blog for a couple of years....I had to catch my breath on a couple of your posts...As said by some of the others, Thank You for what you do, and for your blog.

    8/11/2012  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    In many ways I'm relieved when I don't see a recent post as I hope it meant you didn't have to post.
    Thank you for caring.

    8/12/2012  

    Post a Comment

    << Home