Saturday, January 22, 2011

  • A six year old black lab who was diagnosed with diabetes. The owners could not afford to treat him.
  • A sheltie who had just been hit by a car and had a severed spinal column.

    Seeing my cat's name in the drug log today gave me pause.
  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger Charles CĂ©leste Hutchins said...

    I'm so sorry for your loss.

    1/22/2011  
    Blogger whatikilledtoday said...

    Charles, what a small world. I believe I met you once - your name is familiar. You were friends with the Tame Rat? I think we met once in 1996 or 97.

    1/22/2011  
    Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

    I, too, am a vet tech and I have had 3 cats with saddle thrombus. I know what seeing your cats name in the log feels like too.

    Your posts feel like 'last rites' for those animals you have had to euthanize.

    Feels to me like a chant of peace and last ritual, like letting their souls free.

    Thank you for your compassion and sharing each day with us.

    3/30/2011  

    Post a Comment

    << Home